Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Beverly Hills and Santa Monica

Today we've few missions to conquer! One of it was to find the famous Michael Jackson mural at Cahuenge Boulevard, second was to find some HARD ROCK tshirt or merchandize and another is to continue the green route of hop on hop off which lead us to the world’s famous pier- Santa Monica.! Yes..the famous pier where many Hollywood director’s favorite shooting location. So after our hearty sandwich breakfast at Subway, we took the first schedule bus to Walk of Fame again. 
call me maybe?
1st mission complete
Captain JAck!
madame tussauds
nice structure
look at those hanging luggages!
tom jones graffiti 
Asked the locals for Caheunge Blvrd and we went round and round of blocks where suddenly I saw this huge building like a courthouse which stated United States Post Office..sweet! went in to buy few postcards and stamps for my family and fren back home. 
spot on! my favorite building--POST OFFICE
all the dearly departed
nice!
time to head home these postcards
neat eh?
post boxes
Then we searched again passing through unfamiliar road which was really quiet and a little dodgy but finally lucky strike and there we found it!

empty street
oh yes! finally found it!
Then we head back to Walk of Fame and waited for the bus to our next destination. If you grew up watching Hollywood movies, then most of the roads and places will definitely makes you feel like you are into similar scenes minus your heartthrob’s actors. Haha.. I used to watch Beverly Hills 90210 and always wonder what was the number for..now that I’ve seen the street myself, the postcode gives perfect sense..it was during the 90s where I don’t have any computers to google for it..haha but nevertheless the series was one of my favorite even though it doesnt give any good social examples. 
the famous palm tree
the arch
Rodeo Drive..
Today’s weather is a little windy and we were so hungry by the time we reached the pier. The place was lively with colourful wheel ferris, fun fair and small booth around. We took our lunch at Bubba Gumps…to be honest, I’ve never tried Bubba Gumps in Malaysia. I remembered having my first at New York and I simply love it plus the waiters never fail to entertain us with their quiz, games and chat about Forrest Gump. Well Forest Gump will be always one of my inspiring timeless movies.
fun filled activities can be done here
let's check out this place
at the pier
world famous Pier - Santa Monica!
time to eat!
prawn with hotdog
this is what i've ordered. Fish + prawn rice...so so yummy!
its a lift actually
ferris wheel
After the scrumptious meal, we went for a walk at the beach. A blue-eyed boy was doing his summersault so I say hi to him. And he said Hi back to my Malaysian friends..haha 
hi malaysian
After admiring this place, we decided to make a move so that we could have enough time to catch the last bus from Santa Monica to Beverly Hills for the next interchange route. 
while waiting for our last bus at beverly hills stop
Then by the time we arrived the Walk of Fame, it was about 930pm already where the hop on hop off operating time ended. So we decided to take the train to Downtown LA. As we asked the lady at the counter, she just said “Be careful you two young lady went taking the train during the night” that gives us the wild scare. Well sometime ignorance is bliss?
night scene at HOllywood 
train station..so quiet
But everything was alright, we kept ourselves alert and pretend like we were the local Asians that has been staying there..anyway one thing I noticed that Los Angeles has been the spine of Asians instead of the whites. You see, I was staying at Downtown LA where the next block was Little Tokyo, few blocks away you could find the street of Mexicans, and another few blocks there you would find the ever famous Chinatown. So yeah I think I can blend well here..haha

You may also check out the rest of the post about my LA trip :

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...