Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Sri Lanka - The Sultry Senorita

Hye 2019! 1 year passed by just like that. People often called the world as she/her so as I am fortunate enough to fly to a beautiful Island nation at the south of India in the Indian Ocean early this year, i would rather called Sri Lanka as the Sultry Senorita!. The diversification landscapes of this place range from lush green rainforest to captivating highland to sandy beaches and rocky mountains are something that traveler like me are always hunger for. 

My style of travels have always been impromptu / spontaneous / adventurous and some even last minute (yeah i love the thrills..sometime). Only certain occasion it was semi-planned (never well detailed plan because I would eventually discover or explore something out of the itinerary). Because my mind is always open for a new adventure, new experience and how I perceive every moment as a new beginning. My principle in life is to always find new thing to do or new place to visit at least once a year. But the habit has now multiply and it can be quite addictive..haha..but for a good cause so i believe it is still alright. 

Anyway one of the reason why Sri Lanka was chosen as my next destination was simply because one fine day as I was swapping my Astro tv channels, suddenly i stumbled into a cooking show (yes you got me right..i dont normally cook) but when renowned chef, Peter Kuruvita was cooking on top of a mountain overlooking an amazing backdrop of another mountain, it caught my eyes and ears. Yeah..So I keep watching and was totally flabbergasted when he was explaining about Sigiriya Rock behind him while he was cooking openly at the peak of Pidurangala Rock as pictured below. 
Source from http://www.peterkuruvita.com/2011/05/peter-kuruvitas-sri-lanka-with-sbs-food/ 
Then my curious mind started digging about Sigiriya rock. I saw all this images that I've decided ok its about time D, you need to get yourself to be there!
So I managed to get quite a good deal under MAS Airlines during public holiday stretch (26/1/18-3/2/18) which was even greater deal for working people like me. Long story short, my #beboks gang was informed and before we knew it, we ter'pressed' the 'Buttons'. Did our visa via online - fast and efficient at this link: https://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/visainfo/fees.jsp (fee USD20, RM3.94 @ USD1 in Jan 2018) , managed to get a local driver contact and did some research on the accommodation and places we want to hike and visit, boy we were so excited when the time finally arrive!

Formerly known as CEYLON, Sri Lanka is a far off island nation at the south of India and famed for its ancient Buddhist ruins with many historic diversification. Our 7 full days itinerary was filled with long drive, enchanting sceneries, crazy hike with 5,500 steps one way, meeting new friends, fun photo and video shoot, laughter, someone getting sick, tried varieties of local food (pedas/spicy!), went lengha shopping, experience the local National Day parade, getting close to ancient Buddhist historical site, my soul was gripped with amazing wanderlust especially the small town of Ella. 

Our Journey was from 

















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...